Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pretty florals-thrifted and gifted

Lately I been lucky enough to find and receive some beautiful fabrics. Gorgeous Kylie generously sent some brand new still in their packets floral sheeting my way. Too beautiful to snip into but perfect for my little loves bed. Thank you once again!!! Kylie. There are some beautiful thoughtful people in blogsville aren't there? It's a funny place to make friends but somehow we do.


My dear friend Yvette gifted me this beautiful barkcloth recently. I love it so much! She made the sweetest dress out of it and gifted the rest onto me. Thank you Yvette. I hope I can come up with something as lovely as your beautiful dress.


While dropping off bags of loot to the oppy recently, I picked up some lovely velvet fabric. Definately enough for a skirt, I think. This sweet lace made it home with me as well. No clue what I'm going to do with it. Sign me up for hoarders!


A couple more florals for the stash as well. The lemon/grey is a sheet and the other is a bedspread. To chop or not to chop is the question!


Are you still thrifting up a storm? Have you been sewing lately?
Sadly, I have not! But I am collecting and dreaming so when inspiration strikes time permits, I will be ready!

8 comments:

Kylie said...

That velvet is beautiful Lea - bit of a 70's vibe going on there I reckon...it's going to make a gorgeous Winter skirt x

JaBCreations said...

Mmmmm drooling over that bark cloth.

Bungalowgirl said...

Oh I love that velvet Lea! Velvet and corduroy are my weak spots with fabric every time. Gorgeous pile from miss Kylie too. Love the last two as well, I have the blue one in a yellow/brown colour way. Hope you find some more time soon, I am struggling to find sewing time at the moment but am doing heaps for the school fete. mel x

Bungalowgirl said...

Oh I love that velvet Lea! Velvet and corduroy are my weak spots with fabric every time. Gorgeous pile from miss Kylie too. Love the last two as well, I have the blue one in a yellow/brown colour way. Hope you find some more time soon, I am struggling to find sewing time at the moment but am doing heaps for the school fete. mel x

Mardi said...

Beautiful fabrics Lea...I have no doubt that when time permits you will whip up some gorgeous clothing pieces.
Always a delight to pop by and see what has been making you happy.
Mardi xx

Yvette Adams said...

Gorgeous sheets and wow - mint condition! I can't wait to see what you do with the barkcloth. :D

Anonymous said...

Wear your hoarder badge with pride... until the cupboards and house is so full you have to sleep out under the clothes line in a makeshift tee pee! rochelle

Ashley cramp said...

Oh my goodness Lea such beauty I see here!
Great for making a skirt too, maybe?
so happy you have joined my sew-along,
re the sizing question the skirt comes up large the hips so bear that in mind and yes probably best to take in, rather than make too small?
hope that helps. I have published the first part of the sew-along today it may help with your question, take a peep?
bestest daisy j x