Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

For the love of happy mail-Part 1

A while ago I hosted a little mail swap in the hope of connecting with others through smail mail, kickstarting some creativity and making someone's day a little bit happier.
Initially, I thought it would be fun to see what I could rustle up and stuff into an A5 envelope but then I sat down and began to write the letters. I felt a wee bit overwhelmed for a second or two because I had a few to write...but once I put pen to paper, the words flowed and I really enjoyed the process of writing a good old fashioned letter. Each letter was very different. Some of the letters were written to real life friends, others to long time blog friends and others to brand new blog friends who had read about the swap and joined in.

Over the past couple of months I have been so blessed to have a steady flow of happy mail arriving in return.
I am so grateful for the wonderful letters and amazing treasures I have been gifted through the swap. Seriously, I have been completely and utterly spoilt! If you want all your Christmases to come at once, then I strongly recommend you host a happy mail swap!

I really, really LOVED reading your letters. It was so nice to connect a little more personally and share and hear a little bit more about our offline lives. I made myself a cuppa and sat quietly opening your packages and reading your mail. There was so much thought put into each and every happy mail. I can only hope everyone felt the same way about the mail they received.

This is my outgoing happy mail. I sent cards, both bought and handmade, fabric, teabags, seeds, notebooks, vintage treasures, mixed media packs, pretty papers, confetti, origami, giftwrapping supplies, feathers, bookmarks, recipes, quotes that inspire me, photographs... gosh so much fun choosing things for the recipients. I'll be posting a part two soon with a bit of a show n tell of the happy mail I received plus some of the fun packaging!

6 comments:

A little bit country said...

I love happy mail. Not a lot comes via post these days, the art of letter writing is disappearing. You have sent off some beautiful things. Elaina xo

Yvette Adams said...

I loved your little letter exchange and it was so much fun to give and receive such lovely packages. I can't wait to see what people sent you too!

Heather said...

I was one of the lucky participants of your happy mail exchange. It was fun receiving so many beautiful treasures, but the real joy for me was putting together a little happy mail package and popping it into the post box for you.

Mardi said...

Oh Lea... I totally LOVED being a part of your swap... I found the letter writing in return a real challenge... putting pen to paper wasnt as easy as I imagined... but in the end I sent you a small assignment...lol
Mardi x

Blueskymum said...

I just found your blog again on my lap top Lea. Your letter and happy mail were so thoughtfully chosen and beautifully wrapped, I nearly cried. I did find it hard to write a letter but eventually realised its the sentiment and anything would be appreciated. I am so glad you got spoilt by the other happy mail swappers too, as it must have been such a lot of work for you to reply to multiple people. Nice to hear your family are all doing well and congrats to your big girl for getting into the high school she wanted! xx

Blueskymum said...

I just found your blog again on my lap top Lea. Your letter and happy mail were so thoughtfully chosen and beautifully wrapped, I nearly cried. I did find it hard to write a letter but eventually realised its the sentiment and anything would be appreciated. I am so glad you got spoilt by the other happy mail swappers too, as it must have been such a lot of work for you to reply to multiple people. Nice to hear your family are all doing well and congrats to your big girl for getting into the high school she wanted! xx